How can you protect your ID cards from daily wear and tear while preventing card tampering? Try lamination – these clear or holographic films protect your cards and give them a much longer lifespan compare to regular non-laminated cards. And with two styles to choose from, there’s a lamination option for every ID card application.
Over laminates vs. Adhesive Laminates
A traditional over laminate is added during the card printing process by the card printer. This features usual or standard in all direct to card printer model and in line laminator in selected retransfer models. An adhesive laminate is added by hand after the card is printed. While both add a layer of protection to the card, there are many reasons you would want to pick one or the other:
· Lamination requires a printer upgrade, adding several hundred dollars to the cost of a printer – organizations on a tight budget may choose an adhesive laminate so it is up to your requirements if it is really mandatory to invest in an ID card printer with a line laminator.
· Lamination is a hand’s off process – if you have hundreds or thousands of cards, the time you save by not manually placing the adhesive laminates on each card will be significant.
· Adhesive laminate works with old cards – if you don’t want to reprint and reissue all of your cards, adhesive laminates can be applied to the cards you already have printed
Both adhesive laminates and overlaminates come in multiple styles, including clear and hologram for added visual card security. It may also available in patch laminate which is more durable for any rugged environment.
Over laminates are applied to your cards as part of the printing process. Lamination is a printer upgrade, and will increase the cost of your card printer. But because the printer laminates the cards, it is a faster and easier process compared to applying an adhesive laminate to the card yourself. Over laminates also protect your cards from daily wear and tear from scanning them, along with making it harder to tamper with a card.
Shop laminates films by type meant for our Prima 4 & 8 in line laminator:
· Clear patch laminate 0.6mil 600 patches
· Clear patch laminate 0.6mil with chip cutout 600 patches
· Clear patch laminate 1.0mil 600 patches
· Clear patch laminate 1.0mil with chip cutout 600 patches
· Custom design holographic patch 0.6mil 600 patches
· Clear OVD film 1000 overlays
· OVD ‘snowflake’ design film 1000 overlays
Adhesive laminates are applied to the front (or back) of an ID card after it has been printed. This allows you to apply them to cards you’ve already issued to cardholders, instead of needing to take the time and resources to reprint all of your current cards. Adhesive laminates protect your cards from daily wear and tear from scanning them, along with making it harder to tamper with a card.
Clear 2 mil. Adhesive laminate
Heavy-duty clear 7mil. adhesive laminate
Heavy-duty 7mil. key and seal design adhesive laminate
Holographic eagle design adhesive laminate
Holographic keyhole design adhesive laminate
“Secure” holographic design in larger 500 pack adhesive laminate
Heavy-duty 7mil world design adhesive laminate
To know more and understand which type of laminates suits your need, contact your ID experts at SmartWorld Computer, Dial +9714 2612287 or +9714 2206464 or email: email@example.com. Always willing to help out!