Here are the factors needs to understand when buying a card printer. Before you decide which one to buy, ensure that it should qualify your current and future ID printing requirements.
Calculate your card printing volume – In order to achieve a smooth process of card production and issuance, understand your print requirements as categorized:
· Basic or small scale printing – the printing requirement in this category would be not more than one thousand ( 1,000 ) of cards issuance annually.
· Midrange or standard scale printing – the printing requirement is from one thousand to five thousand ( 1,000 – 5,000 ) of cards issuance annually.
· Large or high scale printing – the printing requirement must be like around five thousand ( 5,000 ) and above for annual basis.
Plan & decide your ID card aspect – Your card appearance is important. You must decide if it is a single –
or dual – sided printing, and what will be the expected image quality.
Single – sided printing – Can be on both side printing but this require twice process. This will work best if your card design has fixed information in one side. The Magicard Pronto NEO is much welcome in this case! Single sided Enduro & 360 NEO printer can be upgraded to dual side, this can be more of cost than the dual – sided engine printer.
Duplex or Dual – side printing – Dual side printer has higher cost in initial procurement compare to the single – sided card printer but this will flexible in your ID card printers production processing, either you need it in single or duplex printing in any period of time.
Single color or Monochrome printing – Is low cost printing method typically when using a pre-printed card and just need to print a text data. Ideal for instant card issuance as it can be in speed of 5 seconds per card. Monochrome dye film ribbon can be available in: Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Gold, Silver, and Scratch.
16.7 million color or Full color printing – Costly than monochrome printing but best for long term choice.
Direct to Card Printer – Entry level card printer, dye sublimation printing. Uses thermal print head to vaporized dye ribbon in transferring image into the card. It print images realistic but print image will have a slight border in the card edges. Borderless design looks good in this case, less quality compare to the professional and heavy duty printers.
Re-Transfer Over the edge – If your main concern is image print quality, reverse transfer is best. This method is more of cost, uses color film and retransfer film. Print process is slow but offers high quality and durable printing. It prints over the edge, no border.
The Security Level
· Visual security – Anti – counter fitting water markings – Holokote, Barcode or QrCode encoded with data can be scanned, designs difficult to replicate prevent any attempt of faking card.
· Smart cards – Store detailed data into the card, can be use as access card to restrict or permit the card holder in a specific area.
· Lamination – If you desired a card that extend in longer validity. Also allows to add holographic security. Cards that often use for high level of security facility in the public and private sectors.
Find more answers by contacting Smartworld ID experts. Dial +9714 2612287 or +9714 2206464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.